Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 2

The tank was just as murky as the day before. While pondering what to do about this, I decided the investigate the PH situation a little more. I found both my house water and spring water had PH levels well below my tank water. Therefore, whatever caused my PH to be over 8 came from the gravel, the grow beds, or the pipes. While my spring water PH was higher than the house (house water read about 6.2; spring water 6.8-7.0), neither was anywhere close to the tank water.

That made my decision to change the entire water quite easy, so out it went. This allowed me to clean out all the small particles that were in the fish tank as well. After refilling it and running a few flood and drain cycles, the water remains much clearer than before, and the PH is in the 6.5-7.0 range. Not exactly where I want it, but much better than before.

Next, I'll be off to a local Tilapia grower for some starter fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment