Well, we managed to do all sorts of work this weekend:
- Took down the large grow bed, cut the table legs down, and refilled it with new gravel.
- Installed a second large grow bed and changed the gravel in the bath tub grow bed.
- Dug a hole for our sump tanks. These are two interconnected "blue" barrels.
- Built a steel, lockable lid for the valuable equipment area.
- Built a swirl filter and stand.
- Reconfigured the pump to function out of the sump, from where it fills the tank and the grow beds, in a "CHOP Mark 2" setup.
In all, too much to write about, so I made a video:
The PH will probably take some time to come down. It hasn't yet. I've added lemons and will add a few a day until it does. And if this gravel turns out to also be bad, I just might put myself in the sump tank and bury myself in it! I tested it first, so this unusual AP maneuver should not be necessary.
I'll fix the problem with the overflow system next week. I'm also glad I can now route the drain pipes around the outside of the grow beds. I can walk up and down and across the greenhouse and between beds without worrying about pipes.